It can be tough to find the right headphones for tweens and teens. They need something that sounds good, is comfortable to wear, and won’t break the bank. We’ve rounded up some of the best options out there so you can find the perfect pair for your tween or teen.
Why Do Teens and Tweens Need Headphones?
Headphones are a must-have for any teen or tween. They allow kids to enjoy their music without disturbing others, and they’re great for blocking out noise in busy places like schools and malls. But headphones also have some important health benefits.
Studies have shown that listening to music can help reduce stress and anxiety, and it can also improve focus and concentration. For kids who are juggling homework, extracurricular activities, and social lives, headphones can be a real lifesaver.
In addition, headphones can help protect against hearing loss. By using headphones instead of speakers, teens and tweens can listen to their favorite tunes at a safe volume level. So whether they’re using them for fun or for function, headphones are a must-have accessory for any teen or tween.
What Are The Main Types Of Headphones?
There are three main types of headphones: in-ear, on-ear, and over-ear. When choosing headphones, it is important to consider the size, sound quality, and portability that you need.
These are the smallest and most portable option. They fit snugly inside the ear, and can be used while working out or traveling.
These headphones are a bit larger, and rest on the outer ear. They provide good sound quality and are comfortable to wear for long periods of time.
These ones are the largest type of headphone, and encompass the entire ear. They provide the best sound quality, but can be bulky and difficult to carry around.
How To Choose The Best Headphones For Your Teenager
When it comes to choosing headphones for your teenager, there are a few things you need to keep in mind.
- Comfort: First of all, you need to make sure that the headphones are comfortable to wear. This is especially important if your teenager is going to be wearing them for long periods of time.
- Quality: Secondly, you need to make sure that the headphones offer good sound quality. This is particularly important if your teenager is going to be using them for listening to music.
- Budget: When it comes to choosing headphones, it is important to consider your budget. Headphones can range in price from around $20 to $200 or more. If you are looking for a pair of headphones that offer good sound quality, durability, and comfort, you can expect to pay at around $100. However, if you are on a tight budget, there are still some great options available for less than $50.
- Durability: Finally, you need to make sure that the headphones are durable and will withstand the everyday wear and tear that they are likely to experience. By keeping these factors in mind, you can be sure that you choose the best headphones for your teenager.
It is important to decide which features are most important to your teen to help narrow down your search for the perfect headphones.
- Noise cancelling: Does your teen need noise cancelling headphones? These headphones use special technology to reduce background noise, making it easier to focus on the music.
- Wireless: Wireless headphones are becoming increasingly popular, as they offer the convenience of not having to deal with tangled wires.
- Foldable: If your teen is looking for a pair of headphones that is easy to transport, foldable headphones are ideal.
- Bluetooth compatible: Bluetooth headphones can be paired with a phone or other device to wirelessly stream music. This can be helpful if your teen likes to listen to music while working out or doing other activities.
- Waterproof: Waterproof headphones are a great option for active teens who want to be able to listen to music while working out or participating in other activities.
- Wired: Wired headphones are usually the most affordable.
What is Volume Limiting?
As the parent of a tween or teen, you know that it’s important to find ways to help your child limit their screen time. But what about when they’re listening to music or podcasts? You want them to be able to enjoy their favorite tunes, but you don’t want them blasting the volume and damaging their hearing. That’s where volume-limiting headphones come in.
These special headphones allow your child to listen at a safe volume level, no matter how high the volume is set on their device. And because they’re designed specifically for tweens and teens, they’re usually super stylish and cool-looking, too.
Best Headphones for Tweens and Teens
So let’s have a look at our top Headphone picks for your teen or tween
Beats Solo3 Wireless On-Ear Headphones
These are a popular choice for tweens and teens. They are a bit more expensive, but offer great features. They have a sleek design, are comfortable to wear, and sound great. They’re also wireless, so your tween or teen can move around freely without being tethered to their device. And if they forget to charge them, no problem! The Beats Solo3 Wireless On-Ear Headphones come with a Fast Fuel feature that gives them 3 hours of playback after just 5 minutes of charging.
- Sleek, compact design
- Foldable for easy storage
- Up to 40 hours of battery life
- Built-in microphone for hands-free calling
- Premium sound quality
Bose QuietComfort 35 II Wireless Bluetooth Headphones
If you’re looking for a pair of headphones that will block out all external noise, the Bose QuietComfort 35 II Wireless Bluetooth Headphones are a great option. They have Active Noise Cancelling technology that continuously monitors and reacts to external noise and then cancels it out so your tween or teen can enjoy their music in peace.
And if they need to hear what’s going on around them, they can just switch on the Aware mode with the push of a button. The Bose QuietComfort 35 II Wireless Bluetooth Headphones are also comfortable to wear for long periods of time and have a battery life of up to 20 hours.
- Noise-cancelling feature, so you can enjoy your music without outside noise interference.
- Comfortable to wear for long periods of time, and have a sleek design.
- Battery life last up to 20 hours on a single charge.
- Easy to connect to any Bluetooth enabled device, so you can use them with your phone, tablet, or computer.
JBL E55BT Over-Ear Wireless Bluetooth Headphones
The JBL E55BT Over-Ear Wireless Bluetooth Headphones are another great option for tweens and teens. They have a stylish design, are comfortable to wear, and sound great. They’re also wireless, so your tween or teen can move around freely without being tethered to their device. And if they forget to charge them, no problem! The JBL E55BT Over-Ear Wireless Bluetooth Headphones come with a built-in rechargeable battery that gives them up to 20 hours of playback time.
- Bluetooth 4.0 technology for easy and wireless connection to your devices.
- The foldable design makes it easy to carry these headphones with you wherever you go.
- The soft ear cushions provide a comfortable and snug fit even during long listening sessions.
- The built-in microphone allows you to take hands-free calls or use voice commands with your smartphone.
Sennheiser HD 4.50 Bluetooth Wireless Headphones
These headphones are a great option for teens who are looking for wireless headphones with good sound quality. They are also reasonably priced. The Sennheiser HD 4.50 Bluetooth Wireless Headphones have Active Noise Cancelling technology that blocks out external noise so your teen can concentrate on their music. They also have a built-in microphone for hands-free calling, and the battery life lasts up to 25 hours on a single charge.
- Superior sound quality
- Active Noise Cancellation
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Foldable and travel friendly
- Wireless and Bluetooth enabled
Skullcandy Uproar Wireless Headphones
These headphones offer good sound quality and are very affordable. They are also wireless, making them easy to use. The Skullcandy Uproar Wireless Headphones have a built-in microphone for hands-free calling, and the battery life lasts up to 10 hours on a single charge.
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Foldable for easy storage
- Built-in microphone and remote for hands-free calling and control of music playback.
The Best Ear-Buds for Teens and Tweens
Choosing the best ear-buds isn’t just about price or style. Tweens and teens need to consider what they’ll be using them most often. For example, if they’ll be using them primarily for listening to music, then they might want to focus on sound quality but if they plan on using them for gaming or making calls, then they’ll need to make sure that the ear-buds are comfortable and have good microphone quality.
Finally, tweens and teens should also think about durability. after all, they’re likely to be dropping them or sitting on them at some point. so it’s worth spending a little extra to get a pair that will last.
With all of these factors in mind, here are three of the best ear-buds for tweens and teens on the market today.
These ear-buds are popular for a reason. They’re easy to use, sound great, and are super convenient thanks to their wireless design. The Apple Airpods also come with a charging case so you can keep them charged and ready to go at all times.
- Simple, sleek design
- Wireless convenience
- Excellent sound quality
- Built-in microphone and remote for hands-free calling and control of music playback
- Rechargeable with included charging case
Beats by Dr. Dre Powerbeats3 Wireless In-Ear Headphones
These ear-buds are sweat and water resistant, making them ideal for active tweens and teens. They also have great sound quality and a secure fit that won’t fall out, even during strenuous activity. And they come with a handy carrying case to keep them safe when they’re not in use.
- Secure fit that won’t fall out
- Sweat and water resistant
- Great sound quality
- Comes with a carrying case
JBL Endurance Sprint Wireless In-Ear Headphones
These ear-buds are a good choice for tweens and teens who are looking for an affordable option. They have a secure fit and are sweatproof, making them ideal for active use. They also have a built-in microphone for hands-free calling.
- Secure fit
- Built-in microphone
Jabra Elite Sport Wireless In-Ear Headphones
Jabra Elite Sport Wireless In-Ear Headphones are the perfect way to stay connected while you work out. These ear-buds are designed for athletes but are also great for any tween or teen who wants a high-quality, wireless listening experience. They feature a secure fit that will stay in place no matter how much you move. You can enjoy clear, wireless sound with these headphones, and they also feature a built-in heart rate monitor.
- Secure Fit
- Sweat and weather resistant
- Comes with a charging case
- Feature built in heart rate monitor
Bose SoundSport Wireless In-Ear Headphones
These ear-buds are comfortable and have great sound quality. They’re also sweat and weather resistant, making them ideal for active tweens and teens. And they come with a handy carrying case.
- Streams music from your phone
- Tangle-free cord
- Comfortable and secure fit
- sweat and weather resistant
- up to 6 hours of battery life
The Right Way To Use In-Ear Buds
In-ear headphones, also known as earbuds, have become increasingly popular in recent years. Though they are compact and portable, many people find them uncomfortable to wear for extended periods of time. But if not inserted properly, earbuds can cause damage to the delicate tissue of the ear canal. To get the most out of your earbuds, it is important to insert them carefully and use them responsibly.
When inserting earbuds, it is important to be gentle. Earbuds should be aligned with the ear canal before being inserted. Once they are in place, they should be rotated slightly until they are snug and comfortable.
It is also important not to use earbuds for more than an hour at a time to avoid damaging your ears. Doctors recommend taking a break for at least five minutes after every hour of listening to give your ears a chance to rest.
If you experience pain or discomfort while wearing earbuds, it is important to remove them immediately and consult a doctor. With proper care and use, earbuds can be a great way to enjoy music without damaging your ears
There are a lot of great headphones on the market for tweens and teens. It can be tough to find the right pair, but have a look through these options to find the perfect pair for your tween or teen.