Summertime is the perfect time for picnics and outdoor gatherings with family and friends. What could be better than enjoying a delicious, refreshing dessert that’s easy to make? This Strawberry Lemon Mason Jar Dessert is perfect for any occasion.
(THIS POST CONTAINS SOME AFFILIATE LINKS FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE: READ MY FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY)
Ingredients Needed To Make this No-Bake Strawberry Lemon Dessert
- 8oz pk light cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 pack graham crackers
- 1-pint strawberries
- Lemon Pie Filling/Topping
- Mason Jars with handles
How to make the Strawberry Lemon Mason Jar Dessert
- In a medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla bean paste for about 1 minute until smooth.
- In a food processor, crush the graham crackers into crumbs.
- Wash and dry strawberries. Slice into small pieces.
- To put this dessert together, first sprinkle a layer of the crushed graham crackers. Then layer the lemon pie filling. Top with more crushed crackers. Then spoon in the cream cheese mixture. Finally top with the sliced strawberries.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Recipe notes and tips:
While the recipe is straightforward, it is always nice to have a few different tips and suggestions to make things easier. So here are some of the recipe notes and tips to help you out!
- If you want a more traditional pie-like dessert, you can use an 8oz tub of Cool Whip in place of the light cream cheese. Simply mix the Cool Whip with the powdered sugar and vanilla bean paste until combined.
- If you don’t have a food processor, you can crush the graham crackers by putting them in a zip-top bag and using a meat tenderizer or rolling pin to roll over them until they’re crumbs.
- If you want to make this dessert ahead of time, you can layer everything in the Mason jars and store them in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled if you need to make more than 8 servings.
- If you want a little extra decoration, you can top the Mason jars with whipped cream and a strawberry before serving.
Variations to try
Like with many recipes there will always be variations to try. Here are a few suggestions for ways that you can change up this recipe!
- If you’re not a fan of strawberries, you can use any other type of fruit. Blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries would all be delicious in this dessert.
- If you want a different flavor of pie filling, feel free to experiment! Cherry, blueberry, or raspberry pie filling would all work well in this recipe.
- You could also mix up the graham crackers and use a different type of cookie. Oreos, Nilla wafers, or even gingersnaps would all be good substitutes.
- If you want a really decadent dessert, you could layer in some chocolate chips or chopped up chocolate bars.
- For a fun twist, you could try using different flavored cream cheese. There are so many possibilities!
- You could also add in some shredded coconut, chopped nuts, or sprinkles for a little extra flavor and texture.
As you can see, there are so many ways that you can change up this recipe to make it your own. So have fun with it and enjoy!
Like with any recipe, there are often questions that need answering. I thought I would share some of the common questions here, but if you have any comments or questions please don't hesitate to get in touch directly
How long will this dessert keep?
This dessert is best eaten within 3 days of making it. However, if you need to make it ahead of time, it can be stored in the fridge for up to a week.
Can I use a different type of fruit?
Yes, you can use any type of fruit you like in this recipe. Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries would all be delicious.
Can I use a different type of pie filling?
Yes, you can use any flavor of pie filling you like. Cherry, blueberry, or raspberry pie filling would all be delicious in this recipe.
Can I use a different type of cookie?
Yes, you can use any type of cookie you like.
Can I add chocolate to this recipe?
Yes, you can add chocolate chips or chopped up chocolate bars to this recipe for a delicious twist.
This Strawberry Lemon Dessert in a Jar is the perfect Summer time treat! It is refreshing, delicious and so easy to make and can be easily customized to suit your tastes and occasion. This is one of my favorite Summer recipes and I am sure you will love it too, so why not give it a try?