Hair Color Ideas for Teenage Girls
Are you a teenage girl looking for a new hair color? You’re in luck! There are so many fun and trendy hair colors to choose from these days. From pastel pinks to bright blues, the sky is the limit when it comes to hair color.
Here we will explore some different hair color ideas that are perfect for teenage girls. So whether you’re looking for something subtle or something dramatic, we’ve got you covered. Let’s get started!
(THIS POST CONTAINS SOME AFFILIATE LINKS FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE: READ MY FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY)
What If I Am Not Allowed To Dye My Hair?
As a teenager, it can be tough to express yourself when you feel like you’re being held back by your parents. If you’re not allowed to dye your hair, it can feel like they just don’t understand you.
But there are plenty of other ways to express yourself and show your personality, even if you can’t change your hair color. Here are just a few ideas:
- Get creative with your hairstyle. There are lots of ways to style your hair without dying it. Talk to your stylist about what would look best on you, or look up some tutorials online.
- Experiment with makeup. Whether it’s trying out a new eyeshadow or perfecting your winged eyeliner, there are endless possibilities when it comes to makeup. And the best part is, you can wash it all off at the end of the day if you don’t like it.
- Dress to express yourself. Clothing is another great way to show off your personality. Whether you’re into vintage looks or prefer something more edgy, there’s a style out there for everyone.
- Accessorize. From jewelry to hats to shoes, accessories are a great way to add a little something extra to your look. And unlike hair color, they’re usually pretty easy to change if you get tired of them.
- Stay positive. Attitude is everything, so no matter what you’re wearing or how you’re doing your makeup, if you walk around with confidence and a smile on your face, people will notice.
Temporary Hair Dye Options For Teenage Girls
If your parents will not allow you to dye your hair permanently, they may be OK with you using a temporary hair dye. For teens who want to experiment with their hair color, there are a number of temporary hair dye options available.
Many brands offer semi-permanent and temporary dyes in a wide range of colors, so it’s easy to find the perfect shade for your style. And since these dyes are only temporary, they’re a great way to experiment with different colors without making a permanent commitment.
If you’re not sure which color to choose, consider asking your stylist for advice. They can help you find the perfect shade that complements your skin tone and style.
Whatever color you choose, temporary hair dye is a great way to have fun with your hair and express your individual style.
Changing Your Hair Color Temporarily
There are a few options available if you want to add a pop of color to your hair.
- Temporary Hair Dye: The most common is with a box of temporary hair dye. This will wash out in around 6-8 washes, and is the most gentle on your hair.
- Semi-Permanent Hair Dye: This is a great option if you want something that will last a little longer than temporary hair dye, but isn’t as permanent as traditional hair dye. It will usually last around 4-6 weeks before it starts to fade.
- Hair Chalk: If you want a temporary way to add color to your hair, hair chalk is a great option. It’s easy to use and can be washed out with shampoo. The color is not as vibrant as with other methods, but it’s a fun way to experiment with color.
- Colorful Extensions: Another fun way to change your hair color is with colorful extensions. You can find these in a variety of colors, and they’re easy to clip in and out as you please.
- Kool-Aid: Yes it does sound strange, but you can actually use Kool-Aid to dye your hair! It’s a temporary method that will wash out after a few washes, and it’s gentle on your hair. To use simply mix the Kool-Aid powder with a little water, and apply it to your hair like you would any other dye.
- Colored Hair Spray: This is a great option if you want something that’s quick and easy to use. Simply spray it on, and wash it out when you’re ready. The downside is that it can be a little messy, and the color may not be as vibrant as with other methods.
Whether you’re looking for a permanent or temporary change, there are plenty of options available to help you change your hair color.
Permanent Hair Color Options
If you get the go ahead from your parents you can begin to explore the permanent hair color options available.
For many teenage girls, their hair is an important part of their identity. It can be a way to express their personality and style, and it can be a source of confidence. So when it comes time to choosing a hair color, it’s important to select a shade that will make you feel your best.
If you’re looking for a more permanent hair color solution, there are a few options to consider. One popular option is to use a semi-permanent hair color. This type of color will last for several weeks and will gradually fade over time.
If you’re looking for an even more permanent solution, you can always opt for single-process color. This type of color is applied all over the head in one session, and it can last for several months before it needs to be refreshed.
Whichever option you choose, be sure to consult with a professional stylist to find the best shade for you.
If you’re looking for a hair color that is both trendy and timeless, look no further than blonde balayage. This technique involves lightening the hair with blonde highlights and lowlights.
Balayage is a great option if you’re looking for something that doesn’t require a lot of upkeep. Plus, it’s perfect for teenage girls who want to experiment with lighter hair colors without committing to an all-over color.
If you’re looking for a more subdued hair color, brown ombré might be the perfect option for you. This look involves gradually transitioning from your natural brown hair color to a lighter shade of brown.
Brown ombré is perfect for teenage girls who want to experiment with lighter hair colors without going too drastic.
Auburn ombré is perfect for teenage girls who have naturally dark brown or black hair and want to experiment with lighter shades. Auburn ombré involves gradually transitioning from your natural dark brown or black hair color to a lighter shade of Auburn.
If you want to add Auburn ombré to your hair, try using semi-permanent or temporary colors first so you can ensure you like the shade before committing to a permanent option.
Colorful Hair Color Options
There are times when you may want to make a statement with your hair color. If you’re looking for a fun and unique hair color, consider one of these options.
With these bright colors you should use semi-permanent or temporary hair color so you can experiment with color options and shades until you find the perfect fit.
Looking for something a little more fun and playful? Pink ombre is a great option! This look involves gradually transitioning from your natural hair color to a bright pink shade.
Pink ombre is perfect for summertime and can easily be achieved with both permanent and temporary hair colors.
For something a little more out-of-the-box, try adding some blue highlights to your hair. Blue is such a fun and unexpected color, and it looks great against all different hair colors.
Like blue highlights, purple highlights are also fun and unexpected. And they look great against all different hair colors too! If you want to add purple highlights to your hair, we recommend using semi-permanent or temporary colors so that you can experiment without making a permanent commitment.
Caramel highlights are another great option for teenage girls who want to experiment with lighter hair colors. Caramel highlights are warm and flattering, and they look great against all different skin tones.
For something truly unique, try adding red highlights to your hair! Red highlights are bold and eye-catching, and they look great against all different skin tones and hair colors.
There are so many fun and trendy hair colors out there! Whether you want to add a pop of color or go for a more drastic change, there are plenty of options available for teenage girls who want to experiment with their hair color. So have fun and express yourself but remember to check with your parents first!