Halloween Boo Mix
If you're looking for a spooky yet tasty treat this Halloween, look no further than Boo Mix! This festive mix is made with a haunting blend of simple ingredients. The perfect mix of sweet and salty, Boo Mix is sure to be a hit with ghosts and ghouls of all ages. Best of all, it's easy to make - simply combine all ingredients in a bowl and enjoy! So if you're looking for a delicious way to celebrate Halloween, give Boo Mix a try.
Use this candy mix as your "You've been booed" treat, this is a great idea to do in your neighborhood or with a group of friends. Simply print out the "You've Been Booed" printables, attached them to a bag of this mix and leave it on someone's door step! They will be so excited when they find this sweet treat waiting for them. They will need to put a "We've Been Booed" printable on their letterbox or window and then they will have to make a treat and leave on another neighbors doorstep within 24 hours. This is a great way to spread some holiday cheer and get to know your neighbors better!
(THIS POST CONTAINS SOME AFFILIATE LINKS FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE: READ MY FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY)
Ingredients Needed To Make the Halloween Boo Mix
- 6 cups Chex cereal
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 2 TBS butter
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
- Reese’s pieces
- Halloween sprinkles
- Candy corn
- ziploc bags
How To Make the Halloween Boo Mix
- In a medium bowl, melt chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter by microwaving 30 seconds at a time and stirring in between.
- Once mixture is melted, pour onto chex cereal and mix until cereal is coated.
- Add coated cereal and powdered sugar to a gallon size ziploc bag and shake until cereal is well coated.
- Add candy corn, Halloween sprinkles, and Reese's pieces to the ziploc bag and shake to mix into cereal mixture.
- Separate mixture into snack ziploc bags, and staple "You’ve Been Booed" tag toppers to the top of the bag and deliver to friends!
Recipe notes and tips:
While the recipe is straightforward, it is always nice to have a few different tips and suggestions to make things easier. So here are some of the recipe notes and tips to help you out:
- Peanut butter is a classic addition to this mix, but feel free to experiment with other types of nut butter or even leave it out altogether if you have allergies.
- This mix is best enjoyed fresh, but it will last for up to 2 weeks if stored in an airtight container.
- Don't forget to tag your friends when you deliver their Boo Mix! A simple "You've Been Booed!" note is all it takes.
Variations to try:
Like with many recipes there will always be variations to try. Here are a few suggestions.
- If you are not a fan of candy corn you could use chocolate pretzels, M&Ms or any other type of candy.
- You could also experiment with different types of nut butter such as almond or cashew butter.
- For those with allergies there is the option to leave out the peanut butter all together.
DOWNLOAD THE FREE "YOU'VE BEEN BOOED" TOPPERS
Like with any recipe, there are often questions that need answering. I thought I would share some of the common questions here, but if you have any comments or questions please don't hesitate to get in touch directly.
Can I use a different cereal?
Yes, you can use any type of cereal you like. Just be aware that the nutritional information will vary depending on what you use.
Can I make this ahead of time?
This mix is best enjoyed fresh, but it will last for up to 2 weeks if stored in an airtight container.
What is the best way to store this mix?
This mix should be stored in an airtight container.
Do I need to use chocolate chips?
No, you can use any type of chocolate that you like. Chocolate chips are just a convenient option.
Can I use a different nut butter?
Yes, you can use any type of nut butter that you like. Just be aware that the flavor will change depending on what you use.
Can I use a different type of candy?
Yes, you can use any type of candy that you like. Just be aware that the nutritional information will vary depending on what you use.
If you are looking for a last minute Halloween treat idea, this Halloween Boo Mix is the perfect solution! It comes together quickly and easily, and it's always a hit with kids. And adults, let's be honest. This mix is a great way to use up any leftover candy you might have, and it can easily be customized to your liking. So if you are looking for a fun and easy treat to make this Halloween, give this Boo Mix a try!
More Fun Halloween Party Ideas:
Looking for some fun, spooky Halloween printable games to keep everyone entertained? Look no further! We've gathered together a collection of our favorite printable games that are perfect for all ages. So get your printer ready and have a blast this Halloween!
Looking for some fun and spooky Halloween party games for tweens? Look no further! These games are perfect for kids aged 9-12, and will keep them entertained all night long. From a classic scavenger hunt to an eerie mystery game, your party is sure to be a hit with these games. So get ready to have some serious fun this Halloween!