Test Your Knowledge with Christmas Bible Trivia
Christmas is a special holiday for Christians all over the world. It is the day when we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. We have all grown up with various Christmas traditions, such as decorating the Christmas tree, singing carols, and giving presents. But do you know the Bible stories and the characters associated with the Christmas holiday?
So put your knowledge to the test with these Christmas Bible Trivia questions, oh we supply the answer too. Get ready to have some fun!
Christmas Bible trivia questions and answers
- Which Gospel contains the story of the birth of Jesus?
Answer: The Gospel of Luke (Luke 2:1-20) and the Gospel of Matthew (Matthew 1:18-2:12) both contain the story of Jesus' birth.
- In which town was Jesus born?
Answer: Jesus was born in Bethlehem (Luke 2:4-7).
- What sign did the shepherds receive that led them to baby Jesus?
Answer: The shepherds received a sign of a heavenly host of angels praising God (Luke 2:8-14).
- Who was the king who ordered the census, leading to Mary and Joseph's journey to Bethlehem?
Answer: King Herod (Luke 2:1).
- Which gifts did the Magi bring to Jesus?
Answer: The Magi brought gold, frankincense, and myrrh (Matthew 2:11).
- According to the Gospel of Matthew, what event did the visit of the Magi trigger?
Answer: The visit of the Magi triggered King Herod's fear and subsequent massacre of all male infants in Bethlehem (Matthew 2:1-16).
- What were the names of the shepherds who visited Jesus in the manger?
Answer: The Bible does not mention the names of the shepherds who visited Jesus.
- How did Mary and Joseph travel to Bethlehem?
Answer: Mary and Joseph traveled to Bethlehem on a donkey (Luke 2:4-5).
- What heavenly beings appeared to the shepherds and proclaimed the birth of Jesus?
Answer: A multitude of angels appeared to the shepherds (Luke 2:9-14).
- How many wise men, or Magi, came to visit Jesus?
Answer: The Bible does not specify the exact number of wise men. Traditionally, it is believed that there were three wise men because they presented three gifts, but the Bible does not confirm this.
- What did the angels sing when they appeared to the shepherds?
Answer: The angels sang, "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, goodwill toward men" (Luke 2:14).
- In the Gospel of Luke, who visited Mary to announce that she would conceive a child?
Answer: The angel Gabriel visited Mary (Luke 1:26-38).
- How did Joseph find out about Mary's pregnancy?
Answer: Joseph found out about Mary's pregnancy through a dream, in which an angel informed him (Matthew 1:18-25).
- Which Old Testament prophet foretold the birth of Jesus?
Answer: The prophet Isaiah foretold the birth of Jesus (Isaiah 7:14; 9:6-7).
- What was the name of the Roman Emperor during the time of Jesus' birth?
Answer: The Roman Emperor during the time of Jesus' birth was Caesar Augustus (Luke 2:1).
- What did the innkeeper say to Mary and Joseph when they arrived in Bethlehem?
Answer: The Bible does not mention the innkeeper saying anything to Mary and Joseph.
- Where did Mary and Joseph flee to with baby Jesus to escape King Herod's wrath?
Answer: Mary and Joseph fled to Egypt (Matthew 2:13-15).
- What did the angel tell Joseph in a dream regarding the child?
Answer: The angel told Joseph to name the child Jesus and that he would save his people from their sins (Matthew 1:21).
- What was the name of the elderly man who recognized Jesus as the Messiah when he was presented at the temple?
Answer: The name of the elderly man was Simeon (Luke 2:25-32).
- How did the Magi avoid returning to King Herod and revealing the location of Jesus?
Answer: The Magi were warned in a dream not to return to King Herod, so they departed for their own country by another route (Matthew 2:12).
- Which Gospel describes the journey of Mary and Joseph to Egypt?
Answer: The Gospel of Matthew describes the journey of Mary and Joseph to Egypt to escape King Herod's wrath (Matthew 2:13-15).
Christmas Bible Trivia Multiple choice
The answer is a) Shepherds. The shepherds were the first to hear of the good news of Jesus’ birth from the angels. They were the first to witness the baby lying in a manger and spread the word to others.
The answer is b) Mary. Mary was visited by an angel who told her she would conceive a child by the Holy Spirit, and she would give birth to Jesus, who will be the savior of the world.
The answer is b) Bethlehem. Bethlehem is a small town located in the West Bank. It was where Jesus was born in a manger, fulfilling the prophecy in the Old Testament.
The answer is a) Herod. Herod was the king of Judea during the time of Jesus’ birth. He felt threatened by Jesus’ birth because he thought Jesus would take over as king. This led to the massacre of innocent infants in Bethlehem.
The answer is c) Isaiah. Isaiah was one of the major prophets in the Old Testament. He prophesied that a virgin will conceive a child and give birth to a son who will be called Immanuel, which means God is with us.
More Christmas Trivia Printables
Christmas Bible Trivia is a fun way to test your knowledge about Bible stories and verses associated with the Christmas holiday. Whether you are celebrating with family and friends or on your own, take a moment to appreciate the true meaning of Christmas and the birth of Jesus Christ. We hope you enjoyed this the Christmas Bible Trivia Questions and gained some new knowledge about the Bible. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
More Fun Christmas Party Ideas:
Planning an office holiday party but don't know what games to play? Check out this list of easy and fun office Christmas party games that will get everyone in the holiday spirit! Help your colleagues break the ice, have some laughs, and create memories they'll never forget.
Get ready for your most exciting holiday season yet with our collection of thrilling Christmas Contests Games! Challenge your friends, family and loved ones to see who comes out as the ultimate champion. Play today and show them your competitive side!