Just like adults, tweens and teens can benefit from the power of affirmations. By reminding themselves of their strengths and capabilities on a daily basis, tweens and teens can boost their confidence, improve their self-esteem, and achieve their goals.
(THIS POST CONTAINS SOME AFFILIATE LINKS FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE: READ MY FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY)
What are Affirmations?
Affirmations are positive statements that help to change your thinking and beliefs about yourself. When you repeat affirmations to yourself on a regular basis, it can help to change your thinking patterns and improve your outlook on life.
Affirmations can be used to boost your self-confidence, increase your motivation, and combat anxiety and stress. Affirmations for teenagers can help to shift your thinking from negative to positive, and can ultimately lead to improved mental outlook and wellbeing
If you’re new to using affirmations, it might help to start by brainstorming a list of positive statements that resonate with you. Once you have a few affirmations in mind, try repeating them to yourself regularly – throughout the day or even just a few times each day. It might take some time for the affirmations to “stick” but eventually, with enough repetition, they can start to make a real impact on your life.
How to Use Affirmations
There are many different ways that you can use affirmations. You can write them down in a journal or on post-it notes and put them up around your room. You can also say them out loud to yourself in the mirror every day. Repeat them to yourself as often as you can throughout the day, especially when you are feeling down or doubtful about yourself. It might feel weird at first, but soon enough it will become second nature!
To get started with using affirmations, choose one or two areas of your life that you would like to work on. For each area, come up with a positive statement about yourself that you would like to believe. For example, if you are working on improving your health, you might choose an affirmation such as “I am healthy and full of energy.”
Once you have chosen your affirmations, it is important to repeat them often, preferably several times a day.
Some Affirmations to Get You Started
Below are some positive affirmations for teens and tweens that you can use to get started. Remember to personalize them so that they resonate with you.
- I am capable of anything I set my mind to
- I love myself just the way I am
- I am strong
- I am valuable
- I am deserving of happiness
- I am worthy of love
- I am enough
- I am unique
- I am beautiful
- I am successful
- I have control over my life
- I am happy
- I am healthy
- I am loved
- I love myself
- I am grateful for what I have
- I attract good things into my life
- I am surrounded by people who support and love me
- My future is bright
- I am valuable
- I am powerful
- I am confident
- I can achieve anything I want to
Positive Affirmations for Teen Girls
- I am a strong and confident young woman
- I love my body just the way it is
- I am worthy of respect
- I am in control of my life and my choices
- I deserve to be happy
- I am allowed to make mistakes
- I am capable of handling anything that comes my way
- I am valuable
- I am lovable
- I am enough
Positive Affirmations for Teen Boys
- I am a strong and capable young man
- I love myself.
- I am special, unique and one of a kind.
- I have an awesome personality.
- I am smart and getting smarter each day.
- I am respectful to others.
- I am in charge of my own life and make choices that are good for me.
- I am a good friend and have lots of friends.
- I can make great choices when I need to.
- I am always learning new things.
- I have great self-control.
- I am honest with others and myself.
Whatever affirmations you choose to use, remember that the most important thing is that they resonate with you. Choose affirmations that make you feel good and that you can see yourself believing. With enough repetition, they will eventually become a part of your thought process and help to improve your outlook on life!
Affirmations are positive statements that help change your thinking and beliefs about yourself. By repeating affirmations on a regular basis, you can start to believe them and make positive changes in your life. Try using some of the affirmations above next time you’re feeling down about yourself, you might be surprised at how much they help!