If you’re planning a baby shower for a special mom-to-be, look no further than a fun trivia game. Trivia is a fun and interactive game is sure to get guests excited and entertained. Trivia games can be altered to suit guests of all ages making them perfect for your baby shower.
You can mix and match any of these games to make the perfect game for your party. Use some or all of the questions and see how many your guests can answer.
Baby Shower Trivia Games
Trivia games can be an exciting way to liven up a baby shower! Whether it’s a good old fashioned family-style game of Name That Tune using characters and storylines from nursery rhymes, or trying your hand at some classic trivia questions about pregnancy and parenting, these activities bring people together in an entertaining way.
Not only does playing such party games add an element of nostalgia to proceedings, after all, very few things remind us more of our childhood than nursery rhymes, but trivia games are also a great opportunity for learning little tidbits of information. Don't forget to provide baby shower prizes for your game winners.
How to play Baby Shower Trivia
It’s easy to set up and play baby shower trivia. Just print out the list of questions (or make your own) and divide the guests into teams if you'd like. Then provide everyone with a pen and paper to write down their answers.
You can hand out points for correct answers, or even have a “winner” for each round. For those who can’t quite remember the answers, provide hint cards or make it a team effort to answer the questions.
Remember, it’s all about having fun and celebrating the special mom-to-be! So whatever you choose, enjoy playing these games with your guests and don’t forget to snap some fun photos of the festivities. Good luck!
What are good Baby Shower Questions?
You can ask a range of fun trivia questions at your baby shower. When thinking about which questions to include, keep in mind the theme of your party and the guests who will be attending.
Trivia questions about the parents-to-be works well if your guests are close friends and family whereas general baby/pregnancy trivia questions are better if you have more distant friends attending.
Here are some great ideas for baby shower trivia games that will keep everyone guessing.
Questions About the Mom-to-Be
These trivia questions all focus on the mom-to-be and her journey to motherhood. This could include anything from childhood memories to how she met her partner or how she found out she was pregnant. These questions are meant to be lighthearted and fun, so don’t be afraid to ask some silly ones! Here are some examples of questions you might want to include in your game:
- What was the mom-to-be’s favorite childhood toy?
- How did the parents meet?
- What is the most exciting thing about becoming a parent according to the mom-to-be?
- What was the first thing that came to mind when she found out she was pregnant?
- How many years have they been together as a couple?
Baby Shower Trivia Questions
This type of baby shower trivia focuses on the parents-to-be and new baby with fun questions that their guests can answer about them such as;
- Who will dress the baby up in holiday costumes?
- Who will change the most diapers?
- Baby's eyes will look more like Mom or Dad?
- Who will teach baby to swim?
- Which parent is more nervous about the arrival of baby?
- What color will baby's hair be?
Nursery Rhyme Trivia Questions
Nursery rhymes come with a wealth of characters, storylines, and settings that can be used in the creation of trivia questions. Whether you’re asking about the subject matter of the nursery rhyme or which character does what, these nursery rhyme trivia questions will have everyone guessing. Here are some examples:
- What is Little Miss Muffet eating in her nursery rhyme? - Answer: Curds and Whey
- Where did Little Boy Blue lay his head down to sleep? - Answer: Under a haystack
- Why did Jack and Jill climb to the top of the hill? - Answer: To fetch a pail of water
- Who did the dish run away with? - Answer The spoon
- What was Humpty Dumpty sitting on when he had a great fall? - Answer: On a wall
Questions About Pregnancy and Babies
This type of question focuses on pregnancy and babies in general. It's a great way to get guests thinking about babies, which is fitting for a baby shower! Some examples of possible questions in this category include:
- What age can a baby taste salt? - Answer: 3-4 months
- Which body part are babies born without? - Answer: Kneecaps
- What is the first sense a baby develops? - Answer: Touch
- What percentage of babies are born on their due date? - Answer: Approx 5%
- Which color is first recognized by a baby? - Answer: Red
Baby Animal Match Up
This is a fun game for both adults and kids alike, as they try to match the baby animal with it's parents. Print out a baby animal match up sheet for each guest with pictures of animals and ask your guests to write the word for each animal's babies. Some will be easy and others will get everyone thinking. For examples;
- Horse - Foal
- Giraffe - Calf
- Sheep - Lamb
- Goose - Gosling
- Duck - Duckling
Celebrity Mom Match Up
This is another great game to keep the guests guessing. Print out a celebrity mom trivia sheet with pictures of celebrity moms and ask them to name their celebrity babies. Some examples include:
- Angelina Jolie - Shiloh, Knox and Vivienne
- Beyonce - Blue Ivy
- Kourtney Kardashian - Mason, Penelope and Reign
- Reese Witherspoon - Ava and Deacon
- Jennifer Lopez - Max and Emme
Baby Shower Feud Game
For this game, you need to split your guests into two teams and give them each a list of questions related to pregnancy, parenting, babies or celebrity moms. Allow the teams to answer the questions as quickly as possible, and then award points for each correct top answer. The team with the most points at the end of the Baby Shower Feud game wins! Here are some example questions:
- Name something a baby spends alot of time doing
- Name something new parents always listen for
- Name something a parent tries to get baby to sleep
- Name a popular color of baby clothing
Baby Shower Prediction Questions
It is always fun to have a few prediction questions at a baby shower. Ask each guest before the event to write down their answers on slips of paper, and then place them in a box or basket. After the baby is born, open the box and read out the responses to the baby shower prediction questions - you'll be sure to get some laughs! Some examples include:
What will the baby's eye color be?
What will the baby weigh at birth?
What will the baby's first word be?
Which parent will the baby look more like?
Will the baby have any siblings?
Baby showers are always more fun when there are games involved! Trivia questions make for an excellent game that will keep everyone on their toes. We hope these ideas will help you come up with your own creative and entertaining baby shower trivia questions. Have fun coming up with your own unique answers - after all, it's all about celebrating this special moment with friends and family! Enjoy!
More Fun Party Games:
A baby shower is a great way to celebrate the pending arrival of a new little one, but it can also be a fun opportunity for friends and family to help reveal the gender of the baby. Here are some creative ideas for incorporating gender reveal games into your next baby shower.
Looking for some baby shower prize ideas? Check out these great options that will be sure to delight the lucky winners! So start planning your next baby shower now and choose a prize that will make everyone happy!