Teens are known for being moody, rebellious, and emotional. But sometimes they also say things that are so funny, you can’t help but laugh out loud. They are known for their witty remarks and clever comebacks.
These quotes will also work well as Social Media Captions. Social media can be a great way for teenagers to stay connected with their friends and family. But it can also be a minefield of awkwardness and embarrassment. The key to a successful social media caption is to strike the right balance between funny and relatable.
Here are some funny quotes about teens that will make you laugh out loud.
Funny Teen Quotes
- I’m not lazy, I’m on energy saving mode.
- I’m not cleaning my room until it magically cleans itself.
- I’m sorry, did my sarcasm hurt your feelings?
- I’m the kind of person who walks into a door and apologizes
- I’m not arguing, I’m explaining why I’m right
- I’m not saying it’s your fault. I’m just saying that if it were my fault, I’d be more inclined to do something about it.
- I’m not short, I’m fun size
- I’m not procrastinating, I’m just taking a strategic break
- I’m not weird, I’m a limited edition
- I’m not a procrastinator, I’m a perfectionist
- I’m not short, I’m vertically challenged
- Maybe if I complain about this 2 minute task for 30 minutes it will go away
- I’m not being lazy, I’m just enjoying my time doing nothing
- I’m not messy, I’m creative
- Just because I’m smiling doesn’t mean I’m happy.
- My life is a romantic comedy minus the romance and just me laughing at my own jokes.
- If you can’t handle me at my worst, you don’t deserve me at my best.
- Don’t be eye candy, be soul food
- I’m not ignoring you, I’m just trying to watch this really important video
- I’m not sleeping, I’m resting my eyes
- I’m not bored, I’m just very uninterested in what’s going on around me
- I’m not being antisocial, I’m just selective about who I give my attention to
- I’m not being rude, I’m just keeping it real
- I’m not being lazy, I’m taking a personal day
- I’m not procrastinating, I’m taking a strategic break
- Curls rule the world
- I’m not failing, I’m just giving the wrong answers
- Respect your parents. They got through school without Google!
- I think my Math teacher is a pirate. She is always trying to find X
- If you think your teachers are tough. Wait till you get a boss. Bill Gates
- I'm on a seafood diet. I see food, and I eat it.
- My room isn't messy; it's an obstacle course designed to keep me fit.
- I put the 'elusive' in 'influencer.
- I thought growing up would involve less laundry and more napping.
- I have a 'To-Do' list. It's just not written down anywhere.
- I don't need anger management. I need people to stop making me mad.
- I'm not addicted to my phone. I'm just in a very committed relationship with it.
- My bed is a magical place where I suddenly remember everything I was supposed to do.
- I'm not a procrastinator; I'm just a thrill-seeker waiting for the last minute.
- I'm not clumsy; the floor just hates me.
- I'm not ignoring you; I'm just giving my phone some quality time.
- I'm not a morning person, or a night person, really. I'm more of an 'afternoon with a nap' kind of person.
- My room is not dirty; it's an archaeological dig site.
- I don't have a bad handwriting; I have my font.
"I don't have a 9 to 5 job; I have a 5 to 9 job. It's called 'sleeping.'"
If there's one thing teenagers universally despise, it's early mornings. The battle between the alarm clock and the comfort of your warm bed is real.
"When my mom asks what I want for dinner, and I say 'I don't know,' she thinks I'm being polite. Little does she know, I genuinely have no idea."
Teenagers are known for their indecisiveness, especially when it comes to food. The struggle to choose between pizza, burgers, or tacos is real.
"I spend more time deciding which filter to use than I do on the actual photo."
In the age of Instagram and Snapchat, choosing the right filter can be a painstaking process. It's all about finding that perfect balance between 'glow' and 'authenticity.'
"Teachers say they don't give us homework to punish us. Well, it sure feels like punishment."
Homework is a perennial source of teenage woes. It's like a never-ending cycle of assignments, essays, and the relentless pursuit of a good grade.
"Why do I have a closet full of clothes but 'nothing to wear'?"
Teenagers have a unique talent for filling their closets to the brim and then claiming they have nothing suitable to wear. It's an age-old mystery.
"Parents say 'money can't buy happiness,' but have they ever tried online shopping?"
Teenagers often have a knack for humorously challenging their parents' age-old wisdom. Money may not buy happiness, but it sure can buy cool stuff.
"Real friends don't judge each other; they judge other people together."
Teenage friendships are built on a foundation of shared experiences, secrets, and, of course, a fair amount of harmless gossip.
"School is the only place where 'I have a question' turns into a 30-minute life story."
Teens know the struggle of trying to get a simple question answered during class, only to end up with a lecture that feels like it could go on forever.
Raising Teenagers Quotes
- My teenager just asked me how to do laundry. I’m so proud!
- I love my teenager even when they’re driving me crazy.
- Raising teenagers is like nailing Jell-O to a tree – Bill Cosby
- When you look at your life the greatest happinesses are family happinesses. Joyce Brothers
- You know you are a parent of a teenager when you hear yourself saying, “We used to walk uphill to school in the snow…barefoot…backwards!
- Teens are like tequila: they can make you do stupid sh*t. Unknown
- Parenting is the easiest thing in the world to have an opinion about, but the hardest thing in the world to do. Matt Walsh
- Having teens is like having a bowling alley installed in your brain. Unknown
- When you have teenagers, it is important to also have a dog, so that someone in the house is happy to see you. Nora Ephron
- I have no need for Google, my teenagers know it all! Unknown
Being a teenager comes with its challenges, but it can also be a time of growth, exploration and experimentation. For every moment that feels tough, there are just as many (if not more) moments of joy, laughter and happiness.
We hope that these funny teenage quotes have brought a smile to your face and brightened up your day