Do you love the classic taste of s'mores but don't have access to a campfire? Don't worry, you can still enjoy this delicious treat with an air fryer! Air Fryer S'mores are just as tasty as regular s'mores and they only take minutes to make.
S'mores are an irresistible treat while camping, at sleepovers, barbeques and parties. With just a few simple ingredients, you can easily whip up a batch of these ooey-gooey treats in no time. So grab your marshmallows, chocolate bars, graham crackers and air fryer and let's get cooking!
(THIS POST CONTAINS SOME AFFILIATE LINKS FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE: READ MY FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY)
Ingredients Needed To Make the Air Fryer S'mores
How to make the Air Fryer S'mores
- Preheat the air fryer to 350°F. This is optional, you don't need to pre heat an air-fryer but some people like to.
- Break the graham crackers in half, so that they are in two even squares and place two of these onto a piece of foil.
- Place the marshmallows on top of two of the of graham cracker squares.
- Place the foil with the crackers and marshmallows into the air fryer basket and cook for 2-3 minutes on 350 degrees Fahrenheit, or until your marshmallows have melted. The timing will depend on how melted or roasted you like your marshmallows.
- Break the chocolate bar in half, so that it is in two even squares.
- Carefully remove the crackers and marshmallows from the air fryer and immediately place the chocolate bar on top of the marshmallows. This will allow the heat from the marshmallows to slightly melt the chocolate.
- Then place the other squares of the graham crackers on your s'more to make it a s’more sandwich.
- Enjoy while warm.
Recipe notes and tips:
While the recipe is straightforward, it is always nice to have a few different tips and suggestions to make things easier. So here are some of the recipe notes and tips to help you out:
- If you don’t have an air fryer, you can also make these s'mores in the oven. Just preheat to 350°F and bake for 4-5 minutes or until marshmallows are puffy and golden brown.
- Make sure to keep an eye on your smores while they’re cooking as they can cook quickly and burn easily.
- You can also try out different combinations of chocolate, such as peanut butter cups or Nutella
- For an even sweeter treat, add a drizzle of melted chocolate on top of the graham crackers
- To make them extra gourmet, you can also switch up the graham crackers to more unique flavors like chocolate or almond.
- If you’re feeling adventurous you can switch up the graham crackers for something else like cookies or even waffles!
Variations to try:
Like with many recipes there will always be variations to try. Here are a few suggestions.
- Add some chopped nuts or dried fruit such as cranberries for a crunchy, fruity twist.
- To make them more chocolate, add some chocolate chips on top of the graham crackers.
- For a healthier version, why not try using sugar-free chocolate and marshmallows.
- For an extra indulgent treat, add some Nutella in between the graham crackers
- You can also experiment with different flavors of chocolate like white or dark chocolate.
Like with any recipe, there are often questions that need answering. I thought I would share some of the common questions here, but if you have any comments or questions please don't hesitate to get in touch directly.
Can I make these s'mores in the oven instead of an air fryer?
Yes, you can definitely make them in the oven. Just preheat to 350°F and bake for 4-5 minutes or until marshmallows are golden brown.
How long do they take to make in an air fryer?
The s'mores take about 2-3 minutes to cook in an air fryer. Just make sure to keep an eye on them as they can burn quickly.
Can I use any type of chocolate for these s'mores?
Yes, you can use any type of chocolate that you like. Some great options are peanut butter cups or Nutella.
Can I make these s'mores ahead of time?
Unfortunately, these s'mores need to be cooked right before serving as they don’t hold up well when stored. However, you can prepare the ingredients ahead of time and store them in an airtight container until ready to cook.
Do I need to use foil in the air fryer basket?
No, you don’t really need to use foil in the air fryer basket. However, it is a good idea as it will help to keep the marshmallows and graham crackers from sticking too much to the basket.
Air fryer s'mores are a delicious and easy treat that can be made in just minutes. With the right ingredients, and some helpful tips and tricks, you'll have a super delicious treat ready for enjoying in no time!
Whether you’re looking to make the traditional version with marshmallows and chocolate or want to add some crunch with dried fruit or nuts, there is something for everyone when it comes to these tasty desserts. So grab your marshmallows, chocolate bars, graham crackers and air fryer and let's get cooking!
More Fun Recipes:
These delicious heart-shaped pretzels are perfect for Valentine's Day. They're easy to make and taste great with a variety of different chocolate covered pretzels to try. Make them for your sweetheart this year!
These strawberry lemon mason jar desserts are perfect for Spring. They're easy to make and require just a few simple ingredients. Plus, they're the perfect size for a small sweet treat!