It’s the most wonderful time of the year! And what better way to celebrate than with some delicious gingerbread latte cupcakes? These treats are perfect for any holiday party, and they’re sure to please everyone. So gather your ingredients and get baking!
There's nothing quite like the smell of gingerbread wafting through the kitchen. And there's nothing quite like sinking your teeth into a soft, fluffy cupcake, fresh out of the oven. But what if you could have the best of both worlds? Meet gingerbread latte cupcakes: a delightful marriage of two classic holiday favorites.
These cupcakes starts with a flavorful gingerbread cake base, infused with all the warming spices of the season. Then, they're topped with a rich and creamy marshmallow and candy cane shaped as a latte cup, add holiday sprinkles frosting, for a touch of festivities. So whether you're looking to impress your holiday guests or simply satisfy your sweet tooth, these cupcakes are sure to hit the spot.
(THIS POST CONTAINS SOME AFFILIATE LINKS FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE: READ MY FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY)
Ingredients Needed To Make the Gingerbread Latte Cupcakes
- 1 box gingerbread mix + additional ingredients per directions OR you could use your favorite recipe
- Vanilla buttercream in a piping bag with a 1M star piping tip
- Marshmallows, you will need 1 per cupcake
- Candy canes, you will need 1 per cupcake
- Chocolate buttercream in a piping bag with a small cut tip
- Holiday themed festive sprinkles
How to make the Gingerbread Latte Cupcakes
Bake cupcakes per recipe and cool completely them on wire rack
Break the hook section of the candy cane to match the height of the marshmallow, then set them aside.
Use the vanilla buttercream frosting to pipe a flat swirl on each cupcake
Sprinkle on nonpareils Christmas themed sprinkles
Poke one end of the candy cane into the marshmallow
Use a toothpick the apply a tiny amount of vanilla buttercream on the surface of the marshmallow and apply the themed sprinkle decoration
Place the marshmallow mug in the center of the cupcake
Use the chocolate buttercream to pipe the latte on top of the mug, leaving the outer edge unfrosted so it looks like a latte or cup of coffee.
Recipe notes and tips:
While the recipe is straightforward, it is always nice to have a few different tips and suggestions to make things easier. So here are some of the recipe notes and tips to help you out:
- If you don't want to use a box mix, you can always make your own gingerbread cupcakes from scratch. There are plenty of recipes out there, so find one that you like and get baking!
- Make sure to let the cupcakes cool completely before frosting them. Otherwise, the frosting will melt and run off the sides.
- Take you time when breaking the candy canes to get the perfect round for the latte cup handle
- If you want to get really creative, you can pipe the chocolate buttercream into different designs on top of the latte. Be sure to practice on a plate first, so you don't make any mistakes!
- These cupcakes are best eaten the same day they're made. However, they will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Variations to try:
Like with many recipes there will always be variations to try. Here are a few suggestions.
- If you're not a fan of gingerbread, you can always substitute another flavor of cake mix. Chocolate would be a delicious option!
- Don't like buttercream frosting? You could try using whipped cream or even cream cheese frosting instead. Just be sure to pipe it on so it doesn't run off the sides.
Like with any recipe, there are often questions that need answering. I thought I would share some of the common questions here, but if you have any comments or questions please don't hesitate to get in touch directly.
Can I use a different flavor of cake mix?
Yes, you can use any flavor you like. Chocolate would be a delicious option!
What other types of frosting can I use?
You could try using whipped cream or even cream cheese frosting instead. Just be sure to pipe it on so it doesn't run off the sides.
These gingerbread latte cupcakes are the perfect treat for any holiday gathering! So get baking and enjoy. Happy holidays!
These gingerbread latte cupcakes are the perfect way to get into the holiday spirit. The spiced cake is moist and full of flavor, while the frosting is creamy and delicious. Top it all off with a sprinkle of Christmas sugar decorations, and you’ve got yourself a treat that will leave you wanting more. So what are you waiting for? Get in the kitchen and start baking!
More Fun Party Ideas:
Christmas is a time for family fun and what better way to spend some quality time together than playing some festive dice games? These printable games are perfect for all ages and can be played anywhere. So roll the dice and get ready to have some holiday cheer!
Advent calendars are a great way to countdown to Christmas, and they don't have to be just for kids. Here are fun ideas for teenage advent calendars that will get you excited for the holiday season. From DIY gift ideas to festive recipes, there's something here for everyone.
Christmas is a time for family, friends, and fun. These candy cane games are perfect for getting everyone in the holiday spirit. From classic party games to new twists on old favorites, there's something here for everyone. So gather up your loved ones and get ready to have some festive fun!