Sleepovers are a time-honored tradition for kids of all ages. They provide a chance to stay up late, eat junk food, and play games into the wee hours of the night. They also offer a chance to bond with friends in a relaxed setting.
As kids get older, sleepovers can be a fun way to explore new interests and try new things. For teenagers and tweens, sleepovers can be a chance to experiment with makeup or fashion, stay up late talking about boys or crushes, or watch scary movies. Whatever the activity, sleepovers are a great opportunity for kids to connect with their friends outside of school or extracurricular activities.
Going to a sleepover can be super exciting, but it’s also normal to feel a little bit nervous. After all, you’re sleeping in a strange place and you want to make sure you have everything you need to feel comfortable and have fun.
So don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. We’ve put together the ultimate packing list for sleepovers , so all you need to do is grab your bag and get your friends together – you’re sure to have a blast!
(THIS POST CONTAINS SOME AFFILIATE LINKS FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE: READ MY FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY)
- Pillow and blanket: You might be sleeping on an air mattress or in a sleeping bag on the floor, but that doesn’t mean you can’t bring your own pillow and blanket from home. Having your favorite things with you will help you feel more comfortable and get a better night’s sleep.
- Toothbrush and toothpaste: You’ll want to brush your teeth before bed so you wake up feeling refreshed, plus it’s always good to have a toothbrush handy in case you need to brush during the day.
- Pajamas: Of course you’ll need something to sleep in! Whether you prefer a nightgown, sweatpants and a tee shirt, or something in between, make sure you have something comfortable to change into before bed.
- Deodorant: No one wants to be the smelly kid at the sleepover, so remember to pack deodorant to help you feel fresh and smell good.
- Face wash: You might not be able to take a shower at the sleepover, but that doesn’t mean you can’t wash your face. Pack a travel-size face wash so you can freshen up before bed and in the morning.
- Hair brush: You’ll want to bring a hair brush so you can tame any bed head before you start your day.
- Makeup: If you and your friends like to experiment with makeup, sleepovers are the perfect time to try out new looks. Just remember to pack everything you’ll need, including makeup remover, so you’re not stuck sleeping in your makeup.
- Nail polish: If you’re in the mood to do your nails, pack a few colors of nail polish and some top coat so you can have a mini manicure session with your friends.
- Clothes: It’s always a good idea to pack an extra set of clothes, just in case something happens to the ones you’re wearing. Plus, if you’re planning on doing any activities like swimming or playing sports, it’s nice to have a clean set of clothes to change into afterwards. Remember swimwear and towel if you are planning to go swimming. Pack a couple of pairs of socks, underwear, and a bra too.
- Snacks: No sleepover is complete without snacks! Pack some of your favorites so you can munch on them throughout the night. Just make sure to check with your friends beforehand to see if they have any allergies. Some great choices for sleepover snacks are popcorn, candy, chips, pretzels, cookies, and fruit. Drinks: Don’t forget to pack some drinks to quench your thirst during the night. Water is always a good choice, but you could also pack juice or soda.
- Phone charger: You’ll probably want to take lots of pictures and stay in touch with your parents during the sleepover, so make sure your phone is charged before you go.
- Headphones: Listening to music or watching movies can be a great way to pass the time, but you don’t want to disturb everyone else in the room. Pack a pair of headphones so you can enjoy your entertainment without disturbing anyone else.
- Games or movies: If you get bored during the night, it’s always good to have some entertainment on hand. Games and movies are always fun sleepover staples.
- Medication: If you have any medication that you need to take, make sure to pack it in your bag so you don’t forget it.
- Activities: There is bound to be some fun planned activities for the sleepover, but you can always bring along your own activities. Things like board games, face masks and card games are always a hit.
- Emergency Items:Just in case, it’s always good to pack a few extra items like bandaids, pain reliever, Feminine products and a little cash.
- Fun Accessories: Bring some fun accessories like glow sticks, temporary tattoos, or silly hats to add a touch of excitement to the sleepover.
Now that you know what to pack for a sleepover, all that’s left to do is grab your bag and head out the door! With this packing list, you’ll be prepared for anything and ready to have a great time. So go forth and enjoy your next sleepover worry-free!