It's that time of year again! The leaves are changing colors, the air is getting chilly, and Halloween is just around the corner. It can sometimes be scary going to a Halloween party where you don't know anyone, but never fear! Why not break the ice at your Halloween party with some fun questions and trivia? Not only will it get your guests talking and mingling, but it might even teach them a thing or two about this spooky holiday.
You can use these Halloween icebreaker questions to start up conversation at your work party, school function, or even at a friend's get-together. If you're looking for some fun Halloween trivia to share and questions to ask then read on.
Halloween Icebreaker Questions
- What was your favorite Halloween costume when you were a kid?
- Have you ever had a real-life ghost encounter?
- What's your favorite scary movie?
- What's the creepiest thing that's ever happened to you?
- Do you believe in ghosts? Why or why not?
- What's your favorite urban legend or ghost story?
- Have you ever played a prank on someone on Halloween? What did you do?
- What's the best Halloween party you've ever been to?
- What's the worst Halloween experience you've ever had?
- What are your plans for Halloween this year?
What's the most creative Halloween costume you've ever seen?
- What's the best Halloween candy?
- What's your least favorite Halloween candy?
- What would you do if you were home alone on Halloween night and somebody knocked on your door dressed up in a scary costume?
- Have you ever gone trick-or-treating? If so, what was the best house you went to?
- What's the best Halloween decoration you've ever seen?
- What's the worst Halloween costume you've ever worn?
- What's the best way to avoid getting scared on Halloween?
- What are some of your family's Halloween traditions?
- Are you looking forward to Halloween this year? Why or why not?
- What's your favorite thing about Halloween?
- What's your least favorite thing about Halloween?
If you had to meet a Halloween Movie Villain who would it be?
- What would you do if you won a million dollars on Halloween?
- What's the most unique or funniest costume you've seen this year?
- If you could go anywhere in the world for Halloween where would it be?
Halloween Themed Trivia Questions
Trivia questions are a great way to get people talking, and they can be about anything. If you want to add a little extra something to your Halloween party this year, try out some of these trivia questions.
What was originally used for a Jack-o-lantern?
Traditional Jack-o'-lanterns were actually carved out of a turnip. It wasn't until Irish immigrants came to America and discovered that pumpkins were much more plentiful (and easier to carve) that they became the standard.
What was the weight of the world's largest pumpkin?
The world's largest pumpkin on record weighed in at an impressive 2,528 pounds? That's almost as heavy as a Mini Cooper!
How much do you think people in America spend on Halloween?
Halloween is also a big day for candy. In fact, Americans are expected to spend close to $2.7 billion on Halloween candy this year
What percentage of people would prefer to receive money instead of candy at Halloween?
According to a recent survey, 71% of people said they would prefer to receive money instead of candy on Halloween.
What does the word "Halloween" actually mean?
"Halloween" is a shortened version of "All Hallows' Eve," which is the evening before All Hallows' Day.
In what year did the first known reference to "trick-or-treating" appear?
The first known reference to "trick-or-treating" appeared in an American publication in 1927
What was the first country to commercially produce candy corn?
The United States
How many pounds of candy does the average American child consume on Halloween?
The average American child consumes between two and three pounds of candy on Halloween.
Printable Halloween Trivia Questions with Answers
If you are looking for a fun game to play this Halloween, why not try some trivia? Our printable trivia games are perfect for kids and adults alike. So get your thinking caps on and see how many of these you can answer correctly!
- Halloween Movie Villain Match up
- Halloween Candy Match Up
- Villain Match Up
- Candy Corn Trivia
- Match the Phobia
- Halloween Superstitions Quiz
Whether you're looking to break the ice at your Halloween party or simply want to impress your friends with your knowledge of all things Halloween, we hope these fun facts and trivia tidbits helped. Happy Halloween
More Fun Halloween Party Game Ideas:
Looking for another fun way to celebrate Halloween? Why not try playing some spooky Halloween charades. This list of charade ideas has something for everyone. So gather your friends and get ready to have a scream!
Looking for some spooky but delicious drinks to serve up at your next Halloween party? Look no further! These recipes are the perfect Halloween drinks for kids and teens and will have them excited about this year's festivities. From spooky punch to vampire blood drinks, we've got you covered. So get ready to party with these frightfully fun drinks!