Beat Boredom With These Exciting Indoor Activities For Teens!
Are you a teen who’s stuck inside the house all day? Or, do you have a teen in your life that needs something to do? No worries – we’ve got you covered with this ultimate list of indoor activities for teens.
From crafts to entertainment, there are plenty of ways to keep busy indoors. Let’s take a look at some awesome ideas for your next boredom-busting session.
Indoor activities don’t have to be boring – they can also be creative! Here are some crafty ideas that any teen can get behind.
- Jewelry making – Pick up some beads and string from your local craft store and get creative by making your own jewelry pieces. You could make necklaces, earrings, or even friendship bracelets!
- Pottery painting – Buy an unfinished pottery piece from the craft store and turn it into something unique by adding your own style with paint pens or acrylic paints.
- Canvas painting – Get an actual canvas from the art store along with some paints and brushes, then let your inner artist loose as you create a masterpiece on canvas.
- Paper crafting – Cut out paper shapes using scrapbooking scissors and use them to make cards, banners, or decorations. All you need is paper, glue, scissors, and your imagination!
- Dreamcatcher – Dreamcatchers are a traditional Native American craft that makes for a beautiful decoration and can help teens relax and reflect. Teens can use sticks, string, feathers and beads to create their own dreamcatchers.
- DIY Beauty Products. Creating lip scrubs and body scrubs can be lots of fun. And the best thing is they are quick to create using minimal ingredients.
- Macramé – Macramé is a form of textile art that uses knots and weaving techniques to create patterns and designs. Teens can make wall hangings, plant holders or even jewelry with just a few materials and some patience.
- DIY Jewelry – Teens can get creative by making their own jewelry with just a few simple supplies like beads, charms and wire. This is a great way for teens to express their creativity in an artistic way.
- Soap Making – Soap making is another creative project that teens can enjoy. All that’s needed is a few simple ingredients like soap base, essential oils and fragrance to mix together for a fun and relaxing activity.
- Candle Making – Candles are an easy project to make at home with just wax, wicks and some molds. Teens can also add in their own scents, colors and decorations to make unique candles that are perfect as gifts or home decorations.
- Card Making – Card making is a great way for teens to use their creativity to send messages of love and friendship. Teens can use different materials like paper, markers, stickers and more to create cards for any occasion.
- Wooden Signs – Wooden signs are an easy project to make with just a few tools and supplies. Teens can design their own signs with paint, stencils or even carve out words or designs for a unique look.
- Tie Dye Shirts – Tie dye shirts are fun, colorful and perfect for summer. All that’s needed is some basic supplies like fabric dye, rubber bands and a few shirts to create an array of patterns.
These are just a few ideas for creative activities that teens can enjoy indoors! Whether it’s baking, crafting or DIY projects, there’s always something fun to do when you’re stuck inside.
So, get out your supplies and let the creativity flow! Who knows what amazing creations you can come up with in no time. Have fun and stay safe!
When you’re looking for more than just crafts, here are some fun entertainment ideas that will help pass the time indoors. Grab family members or friends and get ready for some fun.
- Board games – Pull out all those classic board games like Monopoly or Scrabble for a good old-fashioned game night with friends or family members.
- Video Games – Whether it’s online gaming with friends or playing alone on console games like Mario Kart or Halo Reach , gaming is sure to provide hours of entertainment. Just remember to take breaks every once in awhile!
- Movie night – Who says movie nights have to be outside? Set up a projector screen in the basement and watch all your favorite teen films together as a group.
- Reading challenge – Make reading fun again by turning it into a competition! Ask teens in your group to read books from various genres (like sci-fi or romance) then quiz each other on what they’ve read so far afterwards for extra points.
- Scavenger Hunt – Give teens a list of items they need to find around the house and see who can finish the fastest, see who can collect them all first! Scavenger Hunts and Treasure Hunts are sure to make to the afternoons go fast.
- Play Cards – Bring out the classic card games like Go Fish or Bridge for some friendly competition. Don’t forget to make up your own rules too!
- Storytelling – Get creative and use your imagination by coming up with stories together as a group. Each person can take turns adding new elements to the story until it’s complete
- Chocolate Chip Cookies – Teens who love to bake always seem to love making chocolate chip cookies. This classic recipe is easy to follow and always turns out delicious.
- Cinnamon Rolls – Cinnamon rolls are a great way to practice baking techniques like kneading dough, braiding strands together, and making a sweet glaze. Plus, they taste amazing when they’re all done!
- Cupcakes – Cupcakes are an easy way to make a delicious dessert without much effort. Plus, you can always decorate them with some fun frosting and sprinkles for extra flair.
- Brownies – Brownies are a classic dessert that are always popular with teens. You can make them from scratch or buy a box mix for an easy and delicious treat.
- Muffins – Muffins are a great way to get creative in the kitchen. Teens can experiment with different flavors and mix-ins like nuts, chocolate chips, or dried fruit for tasty results.
- Cake Pops – With just a few ingredients, teens can make their own cake pops in a variety of shapes and flavors. All that’s needed is some cake mix, frosting, lollipop sticks and decorations like sprinkles or icing to complete the look.
- Fudge - Fudge is a super easy and delicious treat that can be whipped up in minutes
- Vanilla Cake – For teens who are more confident in their baking skills, making a vanilla cake is the perfect challenge. Teens can learn how to measure ingredients, mix the batter and bake it in order to create a delicious dessert.
- Apple Pie – Apple pies are a classic dessert that teens can learn how to make from scratch. They’ll need to practice rolling out the dough, slicing apples and preparing the filling in order to create a delicious pie.
- Banana Bread – Banana bread is a quick and easy dessert that teens can make in no time. All they’ll need is ripe bananas, butter, flour, sugar and baking powder for a delicious loaf of banana bread.
Get creative with food by hosting a cooking challenge. Ask each teen to make their own unique dish and have everyone vote for the best one at the end. Some cooking challenge ideas could be a Kebab Challenge, a Sushi Challenge or a Pizza Challenge.
Teens can use whatever ingredients they have at home and get creative with the presentation of their dish. The winner could be awarded with a special prize like a gift card or movie tickets.
Legos are the perfect indoor activity for teens who want to express their creativity. All that’s needed is a large selection of Legos and imagination.
Teens can start by building basic structures like houses, cars, or robots then move on to more complex creations such as castles, robots with moving parts, or intricate machines.
Lego comes in some amazing sets nowadays, ranging from Harry Potter to Star Wars and more.
Some other ideas for Indoor activities for teens could be:
- Listen to music
- Watch TV or movies
- Read books or magazines
- Start a blog
- Do homework or school projects
- Exercise indoors
- Learn to play guitar
- Take virtual classes
- Write poetry or stories
- Draw, paint, or sculpt
- Learn a new language.
No matter what indoor activity you pick, remember that it’s all about having fun! Don’t forget to take breaks throughout the day, stay active, and have a good time. With these exciting activities for teens, boredom won’t stand a chance.
There are so many great indoor activities out there for teens; hopefully this list has provided enough inspiration for you or someone else in need of something new.
So grab some supplies from the arts & crafts store, round up any friends who want to join in on the fun and get ready for an afternoon full of creativity and laughter.