Birthdays have been celebrated since ancient times, with the earliest recorded birthday celebrations dating back to Pharaohs in ancient Egypt. Over the years, people around the world have come up with some fun and entertaining birthday games and often a trivia game is at the top of the list.
So if you’re looking for something to make your birthday celebration even more special, keep reading!
What is Birthday Trivia?
There are a couple of different ways to play a Birthday Trivia Game and they are both lots of fun.
The first is to have a birthday trivia quiz with questions relating to all things 'birthday'. You could include questions such as;
- What is the most common birthday cake flavor?
- Who wrote the song “Happy Birthday to You”?
- How old was Queen Elizabeth II when she became queen?
- What are you wearing if you are in your birthday suit?
You can write the questions onto index cards and one at a time, each person takes a turn choosing a card and asking the question. The first person to answer correctly gets a point and at the end of the game, the one with the most points is declared the winner!
Or you can write your birthday trivia questions onto a sheet of paper and hand one out to each player. Give them a set amount of time to answer the questions and then have everyone share their answers. The person with the most correct answers wins!
You can also use birthday trivia questions as an icebreaker at a party or other gathering, just ask people one or two trivia questions about birthdays and then let the conversation flow from there. No matter how you choose to use it, birthday trivia is always a fun way to bring people together and make your celebration even more special.
How Well Do you Know the Birthday Person?
The second way to play this birthday trivia game is to have each person in the group answer a series of questions about the birthday honoree. This is a great way to test your knowledge about the birthday person and to see how well you know them.
How well do you know me Questions can include things like;
- What is their favorite food?
- Who are their closest friends?
- When was the last time they went on vacation?
- What is their favorite color?
At the end of the game, each person can total up their points to see who wins.
Birthday Family Feud Game
Another great game for a birthday party is the Birthday Fun Feud Game. This can be played in individually or in teams of two or more and it’s sure to get everyone laughing and having fun! To play this game, you will need some questions about birthdays such as;
- Name three things that people do on their birthday
- Name two ways to decorate a cake
- What is the most popular gift to give on a birthday?
This game is played similar to the TV show Family Feud. This is where people were surveyed and the top three answers for each question collated. To play the fun feud game, each team will have to come up with three answers for each questions. Once they have completed their game sheet whichever team guesses the most answers gets the points.
Birthday Trivia Facts
If you are looking to impress people with your birthday knowledge, then wow your friends with these fun birthday trivia facts.
- According to Chinese tradition, everyone is one year old at birth and gains a year on their birthday each year until they turn 60. After that, they are said to age in reverse—losing a year of age until their death.
- The traditional song “Happy Birthday” was first sung in 1893 by two sisters named Mildred and Patty Hill who wrote it as a round called “Good Morning to All”. The lyrics were later changed in 1912 and the song was copyrighted in 1935 as “Happy Birthday”.
- People born on February 29th (leap day) get to celebrate their special day on their actual birthday only every 4 years
- In Scotland, it is considered bad luck to give someone an odd number of gifts on their birthday, the only exception being gifts given in multiples of three which are believed to bring luck and prosperity.
- In many parts of Europe, a person celebrating their 15th or 16th birthday marks a coming-of-age milestone known as a "quinceañera" or "sweet sixteen". This includes special ceremonies, parties, and presents from family members and friends as a way of recognizing the transition into adulthood.
- Former U.S President Richard Nixon holds the record for having the most people attend his birthday party, over 40 thousand guests attended his 85th birthday celebration at Disney World in 1994!
More Fun Party Game Ideas:
Throw the ultimate karaoke party with these fun karaoke games. Whether you are planning a large party or just hanging out with friends, these karaoke games will keep you entertained all night.
Throwing a casino themed party at home is easy when you have these great casino party games. From the traditional games of blackjack to new favorites such as dart poker you and your friends will have a great time.